symboism of cloth

---------

From: Robert Teslow (rteslow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 09:29:36 PST

I interested and looking for resource (reference) to illustrate and define
various tribal iconism of clothing worn by poeple (culture) of the Mideast.

I'm particulary interested in head adornment, but also the more general
approach to clothing (intent/purpose) of both genders. What
anthropologic/geographic/habitat/ consideration guides style, approach,
manner of style. Is there specific class identifed in clothing approaches
or manner of wearing?

What is the shape of the veil (flatten) worn by women and the head wraps
of men? Is there a significance in the wraps, folds, bands of the head
cloth of men?

This may seems as a naive norwegian question from a vanilla questioner,
but I am very curious and enjoy the love of learning.

---