Re: 35 Student 7th grade Ceramics class!!!!!!!!!! HELP

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 06:44:40 PST

jennie schaeffer wrote:

> This is the clincher--I have 35 students in the class. Several, about
> 5 are on their own agendas.
> Several other students are the same way. These behavior problems take
> up most of my time--throwing clay,

I would not deal with 35 students in a class, but I do deal with
throwing clay.
On day one it is explained that throwing clay means being sent out of class
until everyone is done with clay. I have 24 years of written assignments
with Scholastic Art magazines. I work it out before hand with the assistant
principle and the offender goes to ISS for the remaining days. I only
had to
use this one time this year.
                                                        Woody in KC

--