RE: No Subject

---------

From: Tracy Rutter (rutter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 17:14:36 PST

My best friend has M.S. This is the worst disease I have ever seen. Cathy
has gone from a very out going, active person with tons of self confidence
to a recluse. She almost never leaves her home. In the course of 4 years she
has lost the use of her legs. She is bound to a wheel chair. Now she is
losing the use of her hands. I would imagine that any one with this disease
would have to wonder "will I be able to do the assignment? Will I be able to
create?" For so many of us we wonder if we can do some thing we can be proud
of. Your student may wonder if she will even be able to do something. For
some one with M.S. they may not have full use of their hands, legs, bodies.
This can vary from day to day. They may have a good day on Monday, but
Tuesday they may not have the ability, strength, what ever to do the work.
With Cathy there are many variables. Weather, sleep, diet, even menstrual
cycle.
Just be sensitive to the student. Read up on the disease. Talk to the
students councilor and parents. I would imagine that art would be the best
thing for your student. Good luck.
Tracy