grading rubric

---------

From: Angela Kimbler (amkimbler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 08:35:51 PST

Happy Thanksgiving,

This year part of my professional growth plan was to come up with a
rubric to grade 3rd through 5th graders. I have been looking at the
rubrics posted by many of you as well those in art books for teachers.
After many weeks and lots of modification, I have come up with 2 rubrics
that work for me. I used them last nine weeks and was very satisfied
with the results. The students helped work out some of the kinks, but
all in all I am pleased with it (for the moment at least).

If anyone is interested, I've add both of them as seperate attachments.

They are Microsoft Excel documents.

Note: each project is worth 25 points. The criteria heading in on the
left. As I score I read to the right until I find the level the work
fits into. The points also decrease as you work to the right. 5 points
for the first block, 4 points for the second block, etc.
When I graded the first few projects, I circled the block that best
described the project, then gave that back to the student. They then
understood the grade, and what they needed to do to improve their work.

The grading instructions don't seem clear, but may be self-explanatory
as you look at the grid.

Thank you all for YOUR rubric ideas and discussion that helped me creat
this rubric.

Angie

---