Re: Small Group Project Needed

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 22:11:11 PST

whest177@wheatstate.com on 11/21/01 3:49 PM said:

> This is for a 1st grade class, and they are overall
> an immature bunch. Any ideas? Thanks! :-)
  Build a newspaper sculpture with a group of kids.

Roll up newspaper sheets around a dowel (start at the corner, and roll
across, tape the end)... oh, shake out the dowel at the end. Make at least
50 to 100 of them. Then, kids start masking taping them together, and
especially they must tape a few in a tent style (or something) to get
started from the floor as a beginning structure. They will build this tying
HUGE!! But of course, it gets weak, and they must make it stronger, using
some engineering. Sometimes it's nice if someone volunteers to tear masking
tape that isn't really in the group.

You can find this idea in my book, Scribble Art, if you want to read more
about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CORRECTED ADDRESS & PHONE
         as of October 11, 2001