Re: My site(long post)

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 20:19:12 PST

I have the same problem and I use Club Photo. They only have ads for their
own company, not too obtrusive, just photo products. It's free. The only
problem is that the free albums expire after 3 months, although you can put
the same pictures into a new album on your site. For $25 you can have
something like 15 permanent albums.
   So on our school website, which doesn't support images, there is a link
to my club photo page and I got a hotmail address exclusively for the page.
It wouldn't look as good as the site you have now, I guess, but no pop-up

    Wendy

> I recently added my URL to the list in hopes of getting some feedback on
my site that I worked very hard on, as we all do. So far I've gotten
complaints about pop up ads. Our district has not offered/given any kind of
web site development and if I wanted to showcase my students work then I
would have to find an alternative. Freehomepage. com was that alternative.
Unfortunately to keep the site free they have pop up ads. I cannot do
anything about it. I wanted everyone to see the site for the content, not
complain about the ads, which I have no control over. So my advice, don't
visit the site. I was disappointed about the complaints. My superintendent
has no problem with it. I have not gotten any complaints from teachers or
parents, only here. I am seriously considering unsubscribing from the list.
So anyway, have a good thanksgiving.
> Sal Pienschke
> Anne M. Jeans elementary

---