Re: Gourds, molds, etc.

---------

From: Ralph and Gretchen (schultz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 11:52:52 PST

Jan:
What do you want to know about gourds? Growing, cleaning, health
issues? Another good book by Ginger Summit (Many, many beautiful
photos!) is full of ideas for growing and using them. (www.amazon.com)
I grew quite a few this summer, including the bushel basket type.
They're now curing/drying in our barn. They take about six months to a
year to dry out. I've used them for art pieces, had several in local
shows. A friend of mine is selling hers in Santa Fe.
If you have any specific questions, you can e-mail me privately and
I''l try to answer. I've been growing several types on a limited scale
for about three years, now. They take a lot of space.
I don't have much luck finding things in the archives, either. So I'm
not much help there...
Gretchen Schultz

---