Re: New art posted to Decker site

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 05:47:47 PST

 Very impressive, Judy!
I was especially impressed because I did a similar lesson with my 7ths and didn't get the same level of quality. Of course we had a distinct lack of continuity due to interuptions by holidays and special events, but I'll have to look into my presentation.
On another note, what material and method did 'Nate O.' use to create his patina?
Mark
  Judy Decker <Jdecker@woh.rr.com> wrote: I have added our ceramic relief sculptures to my site.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/8-relief.htm

To simplify this project, I made plaster molds using those plastic mask
forms. Students pressed a slab of clay into the face to begin the basic
shape and to determine where the features were to be placed...Even with
this help -- some of the features got a little "scary" looking --- Oh
well...they sure tried hard (they really liked this project).

Woody does a similar project (like minds- Woody)-- however, he has the
students make a plaster mold of their own face - his kids' work is awesome!

I have two more pages to get ready -- then I will be caught up. I wish I
had just tried sending them to my WCOIL site first --- would have saved me
a LOT of aggravation. I will just quit when I run out of server space. I
will do a more "scientific" survey (more than a show of hands) to see how
many students want their work online --- then I will share the survey with
the school board. They might be willing to help pay for the additional
space for the rest of this year.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am off tomorrow -- yeah!

Judy