New art posted to Decker site

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 20:34:33 PST

I have added our ceramic relief sculptures to my site.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/8-relief.htm

To simplify this project, I made plaster molds using those plastic mask
forms. Students pressed a slab of clay into the face to begin the basic
shape and to determine where the features were to be placed...Even with
this help -- some of the features got a little "scary" looking --- Oh
well...they sure tried hard (they really liked this project).

Woody does a similar project (like minds- Woody)-- however, he has the
students make a plaster mold of their own face - his kids' work is awesome!

I have two more pages to get ready -- then I will be caught up. I wish I
had just tried sending them to my WCOIL site first --- would have saved me
a LOT of aggravation. I will just quit when I run out of server space. I
will do a more "scientific" survey (more than a show of hands) to see how
many students want their work online --- then I will share the survey with
the school board. They might be willing to help pay for the additional
space for the rest of this year.

Happy Thanksgiving! I am off tomorrow -- yeah!

Judy

---