crayon melter and Jacob Lawrence prints

---------

From: Jeryl W. Hollingworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 21:22:29 PST

The crayon melters are available in art supply catalogs. It has a wooden
handle and plugs in. There is a metal tray about 10 inches long and
there are 10 little metal cups that sit in the tray. You put peeled
crayons in the cups, plug it in and they melt. We use q-tips to paint
with the melted crayons. I think they cost about $25.00 each. I have 4
and use them at a table with 4 kids and let them rotate like a station.

Last year there was a thread about getting free art posters from the
people who did the census. I called an 800 number and requested any
posters they had left. Well....I got two boxes of posters with the
painting "The Library" by Jacob Lawrence. These are about 23 x 19 in.
printed on heavy paper. I have literally hundreds of them and hate to
just leave them sitting in my storeroom. SO... I would be willing to
share. I also have a whole box of posters with the painting, "Good Day
Ladies" by Leo Carty. They did send me some Romare Bearden also but only
about 10 of those. If you would like some of the posters, e-mail
privately and I'll give you my school address. If you sent an addressed
label and some postage money I'd be glad to share the freebies. I walked
across the street to our little post office with a tube with 5 posters
rolled up in to get it weighed to see what the postage would be but
wouldn't you know they were closed for lunch. I'll try to find out
tomorrow.
             Jeryl in SC

---