Re: painted ceiling tiles

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 04:37:24 PST

In a message dated 11/13/01 9:15:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
csmitha43@hotmail.com writes:

> I was asked to paint the ceiling tiles in the sixth grade class room.
> Have any of you tried this before? I was wondering if tempera paint would
> work.
>
> Any advice would be welcomed.

Every year, the Art Senior students paint a tile in the art room that
symbolized their 4 years at our school. We buy the tiles that have smooth
surfaces (not the acoustic ones with little holes). We prime them with white
primer and then they paint away, with acrylics. These tiles have been up for
7-8 years and are still like new. The room is nearly filled and we think we
will expand into the Library.

Be aware that, due to the darker surfaces, light is less reflected and the
room will appear darker.

Marsha

---