Re: painted ceiling tiles

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 05:53:19 PST

I offer a point of controversy.

Is there anyone besides me who thinks ceiling tiles all painted up are
tacky? We are in the business of aesthetics. The message we are sending
is that it is beautiful to look at a ceiling that is full of unrelated
work. It would never do it in my home.

Why not work on a well-planned group mural, sculpture, or tile relief?
Expression for the sake of expression does not justify the patchwork look
of the environment. Frame the work and teach students how to respect work
on display.

Christa

---