underperforming schools "The Last Picture Show"

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 06:33:21 PST

 I've never been to Lubbock, or even Texas for that matter, but hearing you mention 18 year old third graders I can visualize the classic movie "The Last Picture Show," remade around the third grade instead of the high school. I think I'll rent it again one day soon and think of you.
Mark
  Donald Peters <softsnow@hotmail.com> wrote:

......next year, any student who does not pass the third
grade test does not go on to the fourth grade. I'm picturing some 18 year
old third graders a few years down the road....

Donald Peters
Lubbock, Texas