Re: TALKING VS NOT TALKING

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 12:40:54 PST

In a message dated 11/16/2001 5:19:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jeanalice2@wyan.org writes:

> If I stand in front of the class not everyone can see. Today some of
> the boys were especially bouncy and we lost too much time. Any great ideas
> appreciated.

I have been trying to do a demonstration for about 1/3 of the group at a time
so that they all can see. Then I do the next group, etc., etc., this has
worked for some classes how ever they all have to be working on something
while I talk to that group. These are the demonstrations that I do during a
big project to introduce a new technique or process. For the beginning of
the project I talk, demonstrate and discuss it with the entire group. At the
conclusion of the demonstration I invite any student who couldn't see to stay
awhile and I will show them again.

Ken Schwab

---