Re: Demos and remembering stuff

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 14:06:16 PST

In a message dated 11/17/2001 12:50:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> Another thing that seems to engross them is when introducing new vocabulary
> at these demos, I have them repeat the word...but in fun ways. Like I will
> say "weft" and then say with enthusiasm (and a tad of over-dramatics and a
> lot of body language)....
> shout "weft" loud
> cry "weft" sad
> smile "weft" happy
> whisper "weft" softly
> sing "weft" like an opera star
> say "weft" five times fast

Oh, Bunki, that's a good one! I'll have to try it- fits right in with my
"dramatics". Gotta keep 'em interested with these little routines! This
one works for effective and fast clean-up in grades 2-4: I select a student
at the end of the class who I call "Scrapman" (or Scrapgirl"), usually
someone who has really shown effort during class. That lucky individual gets
the honor of carrying around the waste paper basket and collecting the
throwaways (paper scraps) at each table, while the rest of the class sings.,
"Scrapman, dada dada dada dada dada dada dada dada, Scrapman"..to the tune of
"Batman".....Aren't I good to them?!? LOL
Susan on Long Island

---