update on observation

---------

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 07:44:07 PST

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support. I had my meeting with the
big chief last week and we worked a lot things out. He really wasn't
critizing (sp?) me, just observing the noise was a little loud. I thought
about this a great deal and realized where my tolerance came from. I started
out at an urban school where the students are a bit louder anyway. So when
my little ones now talk loud, it really doesn't phase me. I am sure that
makes me sound like a horrible person, but we act based on what are
experiences have been. So I am trying a few things to monitor the noise
level. (I want to extend a personal thank you to the person who posted the
"ART" thing. You know, write the word on the board, take a letter. When ART
is gone, there is no more art. Works like a charm so far!)

Also, my principal apologized for some things that were said. It wasn't his
intention to upset me which gives me confidence in him. We talked for nearly
two hours after school. I have a much better read on him now. I guess
sometimes we need a little conflict in our lives to make things interesting!
:)

Again thank you, all. It made me feel good knowing that I wasn't the only
"noisey" art teacher out there.... ;)

Jennifer in Michigan

---