An apple for the teacher...

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 13:16:06 PST

Did anyone find the "definitive" answer? My thoughts were the "Tree of
Knowledge".....as this tradition was begun in heavily Christian one room
schools.

Here are the words of one administrator:
http://www.sc.k12.mo.us/di/dn/gagt.html

I got this from the following site:
http://members.aol.com/wraithen/pattiwolf052098.html

"An apple is believed to have grown on the tree of knowledge in the Garden
of Eden.

In Greek and Roman myths the apple is a symbol of love and beauty.

An apple may have at one time been an offering of thanks for providing an
education. It was traditional to providing housing and food for doctors,
teachers and preachers because these professionals could not be paid enough
for their tasks."

I have given up my search.....but just wanted to let you know you got me
curious.

Judy

---