Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: plaster masks--how to mount on board?

Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 18:36:42 PST

In a message dated 11/18/2001 8:44:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

> After the Thanksgiving break, my students will be making plaster gauze masks
> which they will mount to a board (either masonite or 1/4-in. plywood).
> Can anyone suggest a good way to attach the masks to the boards? I MIGHT
> have them use more plaster gauze to cover the whole board, but I'm looking
> for other ideas, too.

 Hi, Sharon! Get out your hot glue gun. The masks can be easily hot glued
to the board. I have even used hot glue to glue heavier plastercraft hands
to illustration board.

 Funny, my fifth graders are working at present on a similiar idea. They are
creating self portraits. I call it a visual autobiography because they are
painting their interests and hobbies, etc. on illustration board for a
background. Then I will attach their plaster faces to the board with a hot
glue gun.
Susan on Long Island