Re: Demos and remembering stuff

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 19:46:45 PST

Oh, Susan (and Bunki), it's so good to know that I am not the only nut!
When I am demonstrating cutting to kinders, I first show them the holes
of th scissors and model what fingers to put where. Then I tell them
that they want to point the nose on the line they want, just like
driving a car. Sometimes you run off the road, but you just have to
back up and get back on the right track. I tell them that they need to
concentrate to keep from running off the road and a good way to do this
is to stick out your tongue out the corner of your mouth. I continue to
talk and demonstrate for a minute with my tongue out the side of my
mouth. They can barely understand what I am saying, but they get
hysterical! When I send them to their seats to start cutting, it cracks
me up to see them sitting there as quiet as mice with their tongues out
the corner of their mouths!

Sandy

---