Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Demos and remembering stuff

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 19:46:45 PST

Oh, Susan (and Bunki), it's so good to know that I am not the only nut!
When I am demonstrating cutting to kinders, I first show them the holes
of th scissors and model what fingers to put where. Then I tell them
that they want to point the nose on the line they want, just like
driving a car. Sometimes you run off the road, but you just have to
back up and get back on the right track. I tell them that they need to
concentrate to keep from running off the road and a good way to do this
is to stick out your tongue out the corner of your mouth. I continue to
talk and demonstrate for a minute with my tongue out the side of my
mouth. They can barely understand what I am saying, but they get
hysterical! When I send them to their seats to start cutting, it cracks
me up to see them sitting there as quiet as mice with their tongues out
the corner of their mouths!