Re: Demos and remembering stuff

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:05:54 PST

In a message dated 11/18/2001 10:58:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sbacon@ix.netcom.com writes:

> When I am demonstrating cutting to kinders, I first show them the holes
> of th scissors and model what fingers to put where. Then I tell them
> that they want to point the nose on the line they want, just like
> driving a car. Sometimes you run off the road, but you just have to
> back up and get back on the right track. I tell them that they need to
> concentrate to keep from running off the road and a good way to do this
> is to stick out your tongue out the corner of your mouth.

As long as you brought up cutting with the little ones... I tell them my
scissors are STARVING! I tell them they haven't had lunch and so they need
to take BIG bites, not little nibbles with the scissors. If I forget to
mention this, someone will always ask me if my scissors are hungry! So
cute....

P.S....I also have a lot of look-alike cousins who show up in place of me. I
change my last name, but leave the last three letters, kes, so, for example,
while my student teacher is taking over my classes I become my look-alike
cousin, Mrs. Helperkes. Last year when I broke my toe I became Mrs.
Brokentoekes. I also am Mrs. Pumpkes on Halloween and Mrs. Turkes on
Thanksgiving!

O.k., call it nuts, but I call it fun, and the kids love it. Without a sense
of humor, forget teaching.... Susan on Long Island

---