OHIO Art Conference

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:16:38 PST

Hey, friends, especially those that I met at the Ohio Art Education
Conference!

I'm sure some of you have already experienced this having attended the
national conference and your own state meetings, but it was awesome to
actually get to meet fellow art teachers from Ohio who are regulars on
our Getty List. I happened to win a door prize and had to walk up to
the front of the dining room to pick it up. Afterwards I was approached
by these two women ( I thought I was in trouble for something!) and here
it was Hey Jude and Anna Mae Heiman!

If any Getty members' ears were burning on Saturday, we had great fun
talking about our cyber family and what lifesavers you all are. You are
so dear!

AND!!!!!, I got to meet Marty and her husband from Square 1 Art! That
truly was the funniest. I think I was on such overload from all the
workshops that I had attended and from lack of sleep, that my brain was
functioning, to quote a fellow art teacher, "like it had a big coat of
white out spread over it!" I look up and see Square1Art. I'm thinking,
"I should know this..." Well, this very kind man asks me if he can help
me. (I'm thinking that if he could find my missing brain, it would be a
big help!) He reads my name tag and says that my name sounds very
familiar. Now, I would have thought that it was a good line to snag a
customer (ha!), but he immediately followed it up with, "Are you on the
Getty list and do you talk to Marty?" Well, it all clicked! My, Gosh,
it's Arty Marty with the blank magnets!!! This was her husband! He ran
to find Marty! It was like meeting an old friend!
What a darling couple! And, what a great fund raising idea they have!
I'm going to present it to my principal tomorrow when I get to school.

Judy Nagel, your Sax booth was beautiful, but I didn't get to meet any
of the reps. I want ed to send a personal thank you to you for all your
help on my last order.

I don't know about the exhibitors at other conventions, but ours were
super professional, helpful, generous and easy to talk to. They gave
hundreds of dollars worth of materials to our association to use as door
prizes at the end of the conference.

One of these days, maybe my path will cross with some of you other
folks. All I know is this past weekend was a special gift.

Thanks Getty list, for just being you!

Sandy

---