Re: Clay Management Needed!

---------

From: vicki ranck (vranck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 09:30:26 PST

hello deborah,
relax, you'll be fine. first: never do clay with everyone at a time, you
will run into storage problems while drying and then if you glaze them there
is the reduced space in the kiln because objects can't touch each other. you
can't go wrong teaching any level how to make a pinch pot. i teach pinch,
slab and coil to my 6th graders. but have worked with younger kids before.
slab boxes are fun to make but even at the 6th grade level they aren't
always "boxy". you could have them roll out slabs and then using various
tools "draw" into the clay or stamp. you could tie into egyptian
cartouches...i have even had kids make clay puzzles before (no fun to fire,
too many little pieces...).
hope this helps a bit.
vicki

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com

---