Grading..... always looking to improve

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 14:53:53 PST

I liked the fun way Woody listed his criteria for the kids. This works well
for middle school kids (see his Jazz lesson). I revised what he had online
and gave it to my kids today (new trimester for me - new kids). I do
separate rubrics for each project -- but this gives them a general idea
from the start what the expectations are. I combine the project grades with
participation/daily grade and written work.

Woody-style rubric. My kids relate more to letter grade than points -- you
could change it to points like Woody has.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/rubric2.htm

Participation grade:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/Behavior.htm

In our classes - behavior must effect the grade. If others can not
concentrate because a student (or students) can not keep quiet - those
students who work best in a quiet atmosphere will not be able to do their
best -- and hence, their grades will be affected.
I tell my students we need to consider all learning styles in our
classroom.

While I was hunting for the file of Woody-style rubric, I discovered
another one had saved (from who knows where)-- I will get it online soon
(has some formatting problems).

Judy Decker

---