Re: plaster masks

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 14:58:15 PST

I have done a variety of mask projects over the years, including plaster gauze. My experience with hot glue is that, while it is initially strong, over time the humidity and temperature gets to it, and when you least expect it, it separates from the mounting. My solution has been to drill two small holes at the top of each mask, then two corresponding holes in the mounting board. I then take a length of
fine wire and wire the mask to the board, twisting it in the back of the board. Then a small dab of hot glue will hold the bottom half of the mask from moving while on display. The beauty of using wire is that it is as permanent as you will need it to be, but, unlike epoxy or other permanent solutions, a couple of snips with scissors and the mask comes off, all without damaging the board or the mask. Hope
this helps.

Jerry

---