Question for the Tech Wizards

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 15:18:31 PST

Mr. Osborne, I hope you are listening.....

My school district switched to Windows NT on our servers. Now we are not
permitted to send files to school via WS-FTP. Do any of you tech folks know
much about Windows NT? My tech people say they can not allow me access to
my site because of our Firewall -- They would have to allow a "hole" in the
Firewall for me to access my site and they are NOT about to do that (tech
guy capitalized NOT in his email to me).

Now I have to update my site via floppy disks and then wait for the tech
guy to do the update..... when he has time (pages I did Saturday are not on
yet -- Kids wanted to show their families over our break so I hope he gets
them activated soon). Switching to another server is looking better all the
time--but next summer when I have the time to re-do everything.

Is there an easy way for them to allow access? or is it as impossible as
they say?
I thought I should do some checking before I write a letter to our school
board about my frustrations. I pay a local provider (WCOIL) for a service I
should be able to get for free at school. I believe if the school will not
provide access, I should get some compensation to cover my expenses for
what I pay the local provider. I will turn in a "special project" for next
year -- we shall see......

I do envy those of you out there who really do have tech support....
Well.. I knew last summer I would lose access.... I was good while it
lasted.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide....I will prepare my letter
for the December board meeting.

Judy Decker

---