Re: Christmas Clay Projects

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:05:06 PST

One project I plan to do with my high school students is to make a "clay
stamp" using a traditional (to that student) holiday symbol. Then I will
fire these and then the student will "stamp" small circles of clay, thus
imbedding their image into the clay. I'll fire these and the students will
dab paint and polyeurethane on them, then glue on a pin back. They'll also
use their "stamp" to stamp their image onto tagboard to make a mini card for
the pin to go in. While I'm not doing this as a fund raiser per se, I will
be having the students draw names and one of their pins will go to a faculty
or staff member. They will also be able to make as many as they want for
presents. The project will focus on mass production as well as marketing
their product.
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids