vendors at IAEA conference

---------

From: Marcia Lavery (miss_lavery_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 13:32:34 PST

I have to add my comments to the vendors discussion.
I attended the Illinois art conference this weekend
and the vendors were very friendly and considerate to
me even though I am a student. I found that at the
national conference, some of the vendors would be
hesitant to talk to me (I think because I was wearing
a student badge). Several of the vendors at this
conference would ask what grade level I taught and
when I said, "Oh, I'm just student teaching now", they
would respond with "Well, take a catalog and some
samples anyways, you will need to order supplies
soon!" So I appreciate being treated with respect.