Christmas Clay Projects

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 11:01:36 PST

"ideas for Christmas clay projects for a HS pottery
class. We want to use the projrcts as fundraiser items"
        My art club has for the past several years, created ornaments from
white clay. We roll out slabs a little thinner than 1/4", then use Christmas
cookie cutters to cut multiples. We put out order forms first so we know
about how many of each thing to make, but we always make extras in case of
breakage, and we have never had trouble selling leftovers. We poke holes in
the top and embellish some of them with texture. When they are fired we
lightly spray them with gold or silver spray paint, then an overglaze of
clear acrylic spray for shine. I do the spray so it gives just a powdery
touch of metallic-the white still is predominant. We use the thin satin
ribbon or gold cord to make hangers. They sell for $1.50 each. For an
additional .50 we will personalize them using paint pens. I usually do this
only every 2 years since most of the customers are fellow teachers and I
don't want to overdo it. Good luck. Linda in NC

---