Trip to Japan

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 10:23:33 PST

Hi all,
I've been gone for awhile - literally. I was part of the Fulbright
Memorial Fund Teacher Program trip to Japan in October. I was one of 200
sent to Japan in October, all expenses paid, to learn about the culture and
educational system of that country. We were treated lavishly and with
great respect.

It all came about because last fall I heard about this program from the
internet

        http://www.iie.org/pgms/fmf/

and I applied. In February I recieved notice that I was accepted. School
gave me professional leave and I took it! The paperwork for the
application can be done in a day. Last year 600 applicants were chosen to
travel either in June, Oct, or Nov out of 2400 that applied. Are you
catching these odds? It is a one in four chance and the trip of a
lifetime. What have you got to lose?

Since I have been off the list since last spring, perhaps someone else
brought this to your attention sooner. If so, I apologize. The deadline
is Dec.1, I think. I encourage anyone interested to check it out.

Christa

---