Re: Student killed

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 10:26:22 PST

Dear Deb,

I am sorry to hear of the loss of one of your students. Last year we lost 2 young men. Those that were in my class that knew the students, talked openly and supported each other. I encouraged them to do a piece that would honor the memory of the person they knew. This seemed to be very successful for those that needed to do something at a time when most of us would otherwise feel that there is nothing we can do except say we are sorry. Using art as a memorial can have healing effects for those creating the art and those who have lost someone close to them.

You and your students are in my thoughts and prayers.

~^~

Vivian

Increase the Peace ~^~

http://members.home.net/artzheart/index.html