Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Student killed

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 10:26:22 PST

Dear Deb,

I am sorry to hear of the loss of one of your students. Last year we lost 2 young men. Those that were in my class that knew the students, talked openly and supported each other. I encouraged them to do a piece that would honor the memory of the person they knew. This seemed to be very successful for those that needed to do something at a time when most of us would otherwise feel that there is nothing we can do except say we are sorry. Using art as a memorial can have healing effects for those creating the art and those who have lost someone close to them.

You and your students are in my thoughts and prayers.

Increase the Peace ~^~

Do You Yahoo!?
Find a job, post your resume on Yahoo! Careers.