Re: carribean islands

---------

From: Laura Carey (Carey_l_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 09:46:45 PST

> Thanks to all of you! I really do appreciate the assistance. The great thing...I just came into possesion of several hundred gourds (all small ornamental) So, I may actually may get to do a "gourd" craft with the kids!
> I also found Judith's website...and I think we may have met before, with the Arts Assesment Project here in Ohio a few years back?
> Hopefully my memory is not going already!
> I love doing this project, our cultural day...it is great to collaborate and the kids love the change of pace.

In the past we have used China, Mexico, Ireland and Austrailia. It has been quite easy to find info and activities on these countries over the years...plus we were blessed with a great PTO that helped pay for an assembly with the American Boomerang Champion...He once was the world champ but that may have changed LOL. It has been a great experience.
Our music teachers are quite excited about the music, but it seems I have been struggling for activities...
Anyhow, I am getting ready to go to OAEA this weekend, so it is sub plans to write and a suitcase to pack! Anyone need a roomate for the weekend? LOL
Thanks again. I am checking out all of the great ideas and help! Glad to find this list!
Laura

---