brain research

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 06:00:30 PST

For those of you interested in brain reseach and how we learn (and how kids
learn in spite of schools and what we do to them...). My book talk/ study
group is focusing on this topic this year -
Ellen

There is a listserve for Integrated Thematic Instruction. Members discuss
the use of LIfeskills, brain research, lesson ideas, books to have kids
read, etc.
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE LIST:
1. Send an e-mail message to majordomo@theriver.com

2. Please leave the Subject line blank, though commercial systems like
AOL want something in that box, so you can put "subscribing" as the subject.

3. Message: "subscribe ska" and send it! (It's that simple!) You'll know
if you've done this correctly because the Computer/Postmaster sends you back
a welcome message.

4. If you prefer to receive the daily digest version, rather than
individual e-mails, then your message would read: "subscribe ska-digest"

> (Recipients may subscribe to the message-by-message discussion, or to the
> daily digest, or to BOTH.)
>
> POSTING TO THE LIST:
> When you post messages to the group, send an e-mail message to
> ska@theriver.com, you'll know if it got through because, as a list member,
> you'll get a copy of your message. You CAN use fancy formatting options
> like
> colors and fonts when composing the newsletter itself, but not everyone
> may
> be able to read these formats properly. We recommend sending your
> newsletter in Plain Text only, to accommodate recipients who may be using
> other e-mail programs or reading their email directly from a Terminal or
> Telnet session.

---