Re: PRE-observational vent

---------

From: griswold (griswald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 19:14:45 PST

?!? Definitely do the messiest thing you can think of- painting, clay, plastercraft, whatever- anything messy and a medium about which he knows NOTHING
Oh Bunki, I agree with Susan...when I am not in the mood to be observed by a twerp, I do the most student centered project I can...I even have done masks with parent volunteers, hard to tell who was who, and got great feedback. Take the spot light off of the sage on the stage...put it on an interactive student oriented classroom, where it belongs.
Another thing that I thought of when I first read your first post...I have requested that only the principal observe me. I think under our contract, that we have that right. In any case, most of the long time tenured staff at our school all fall under the pervue of the principal, as do most of the brand new teachers. The VP gets the left overs. I don't think any vp is up to challenging experienced teachers.
Good Luck...
Charlotte, in rainy Lake Co., CA
griswald@telis.org
rexfree_99@yahoo.com