Re: PRE-observational vent

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 17:56:04 PST

In a message dated 11/10/2001 1:09:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> Other faculty members who've been observed already are laughing over his
> antics and I just bet he's really going to have a field day in my crammed
> portable (with a major move out of my reg. classroom) and the stuffed body
> mass of students moving around the room (and I'm wondering where HE'S going
> to sit?).

Bunki, what do ya mean SIT?!? Definitely do the messiest thing you can think
of- painting, clay, plastercraft, whatever- anything messy and a medium about
which he knows NOTHING. Then, invite him to join in..LOL...not sit and
watch. I find the advantage to being an expert in the field. What is he
going to tell you- you should be using tempera instead of acrylic- when he
doesn't know the difference between the two. I had a former principal (not
my current wonderful principal whom I love) who stood just ouside my door
during an observation because he didn't want to get dirty from the materials.
 Maybe this will be the case. Anyway, knowing you you'll know just how to
handle him.... Susan on Long Island

---