Re: Need art for music program "Lend a helping hand"

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 16:32:03 PST

Re: Need art for music program "Lend a helping hand"My first thought is this needs to be dramatic and FAST! How about just rolling out large rolls of white paper and have the students paint their hands in tempera and press down. This can then be pinned to the curtain and should make for a great backdrop. Cut out the letters to your theme and place in the center. You would get the rewards of decorating without taking up much class time. :-)
  ~Michal

    The music teacher is having a December program
    with song and instrumental music related to the theme
    "Lend a Helping Hand" ~ admission to the program is a canned
    food item for a local food pantry, and the idea is about
    helping out the local community. She would like me to
    generate some kind of artwork for the "stage" that the
    kids can do... by the beginning of December.
    Can anyone share a relatively fast and non-labor-intensive
    idea for either all the students or the K-2 students?
    Thanks for any help...