Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Paper-mache disaster rebirth

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 10:12:56 PST

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
 Danville, CA 94526
art webpage -
I used the suggestion of a couple of list members in
regards to a first grade papier-mache project gone awry...
... there were some tissue paper additions,
and about 10 or 12 or so straw-bead/pony bead and paper spirals
attached, and I hung it up! Thanks again for support and suggestions!
Deborah ---
But in the final analysis, Deborah, how did it "look"?

I'm kinda thinking here how I could have the mid. sch. kids do smaller
balloons in p-mache, do a color-theory lesson, and make a giant mobile or
stabile with these (Caulder). Hummmm.

Or cut big pieces from each mached balloon to make a giant sculpture
(glue-gunned) and spray-painted silver or white like a Jean Arps' sculpture.
Mind-wheels clickin' here.

Anyone else want to throw in an idea? Toodles....Bunki