RE: Art Class Size

---------

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 14:56:25 PST

Hi All,

The biggest change I had to make with class sizes of 33-34, with six and
seven kids at a table was to stop using large paper for assignments!

We used to do an oil pastels food art project where students used a magazine
picture of food, learned how to enlarged it onto 18"x24" paper and then
learned how to match and blend the colors. The resulting artwork was so
spectacular that many parents framed them when the art came home. Now with
large class sizes, we literally can't get that many pieces of paper on the
table at once! Even having some kids work on drawing boards on the floor
hasn't been a great solution.

Alix Peshette
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA