Re: talking and learning / Quiet ?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 11:53:41 PST

We also need to remember that the students are flexible and that
there is no one right way to organize a learning environment.
A major concern should be: What does the teacher in this room need
to work and teach effectively. Many teachers in my building are dead
set against "gum chewing". I just say if I don't see it and you don't
leave me any evidence, I don't care. The truth being: I have too many
other important things on my mind to be concerned about trivia.
I want to know if they are grasping the concepts I'm trying to teach,
are they holding the gouge or knife correctly, are they engaged in
the learning, etc.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail