Abstract art - Art with Text

---------

From: Judy Decker (Jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 10:32:12 PST

My students are working on compositions originally inspired by Jacob
Lawrence and Stuart Davis...As they are working on them, I can see Stuart
Davis.... SO... I looked for images of Stuart Davis's work today to show my
kiddies on Monday.

On Tech Woes.....

I created a PowerPoint of Jacob Lawrence and Romare Bearden...checked it on
my machine at home---everything working fine - no problems..... Stuck CD
in machine at school and it couldn't read the PowerPoint.... SO....back to
the drawing board.... Will re-save the Jacob Lawrence/Romare Bearden and
try again (but will only show selected parts now in order to get some
Stuart Davis in, too). When it come to technology--- you go with the
flow....when it flows you are happy ---but when it doesn't? Grrrr.....

I actually like it when things go wrong...Makes my kiddies less frustrated
when the machines screw up for them. I have a much better machine at home
(faster - more efficient) and have tried to get RAM increased on my
machines at school to relieve some frustrations for my students -- but
apparently, they would rather have my kiddies and me frustrated by the all
too frequent freezes...Would have only cost them around $10.00 total to add
128 MB RAM (Office Depot had some great rebates!) ..... Hubby said "don't
you dare" when I said I would buy it myself...

Later,

Judy

---