PRE-observational vent

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 10:02:18 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

Mine's comin'. My observation, that is. We've got a new Vice Principal who's
5'2" at best, fresh from elementary school (this is his first experience
with mid. school and he hasn't even TAUGHT yet in mid. school), a new
30-something papa, and really wet behind the ears. He's aware that he is a
beginner and like most beginners, he goes overboard on doing the job....you
get my drift.

We had an "interesting" discussion about my written goals this year with
much disagreement. I don't think it was as much about the actual language as
it was about his "control" of the discussion. I'm afraid I was more than
adamant about my goals as I figure these are "my" goals...what "I" want to
accomplish. I "won" that little battle but I'm afraid the war is going to be
another thing.

We haven't met yet for the "observation" date-setting, but I see looming
before me another problem to be conquered with this over-zealous young lad.
Other faculty members who've been observed already are laughing over his
antics and I just bet he's really going to have a field day in my crammed
portable (with a major move out of my reg. classroom) and the stuffed body
mass of students moving around the room (and I'm wondering where HE'S going
to sit?).

I find it ironic that someone who is so new at this game and lacking in
hands-on experience with mid. schoolers, is going to actually "grade" an
old, experienced crone who has spent megga years with this age group. What's
wrong with this picture?! Hee, hee...I should be observing HIM instead!

I dunno. I hope I'm reading this all wrong, but I see problems comin'. I may
be cryin' in my beer (er...wine) shortly too. Toodles..Bunki

---