re:food for thought

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 06:55:20 PST

I know the food strand was about 2D, but I have to
share what my 7th graders are doing for February's
Night of the Arts. Each student is making a life size
meal from clay and painting it to look real- we talked
about Claes Oldenburg and how he made big food. We are
setting a table with place cards, table cloth, and
silverware, etc to display at the show. They are so
excited! Some of them will have cool extras, like
chopsticks, or a birthday hat (one kid is making a
cupcake with a candle in it) Another student is making
a bunch of strawberries with chocolate on them, so I
will have to borrow some fondue forks! HA! Too
cool.....

Jayna