sticker chart

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 06:45:12 PST

I find it really funny that some of you are talking
about how absurd the sticker chart and candy are
becase I do it! HA HA! And you know what, it so works
for me. It is not a behavior thing at all, it is a
"clean up contest". I do it every three weeks and the
class with the most stickers gets to pick a treat out
of a treat box- which to them is like gold.
I decided to do this because I found myself having to
stay after school to clean and I decided that
something had to give! They were not listening to my
speeches about respecting materials, etc. Think about
it. What incentive do students have to clean up if
they know they will not be back in your room until the
next day and if they don't clean it up, you will? It
is ridiculously easy to warn students that "There is
something out of place that will keep you from earning
your sticker today"- and they look for it until I say
"that's it" and then the next day I don't have to say
a word! They don't think my stickers are stupid- they
love them! And I love the fact that I can leave when
the last bell rings if I want to!

Sorry- just had to stick up for my stickers! You can
disagree all you want- it works for me like a charm!