Re: observation vent

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 21:36:36 PST

What an absolute bozo. First of all, if the ONLY things he noticed were the
noise level then he's not in tune with the latest in brain research
indicating that when the brain is engaged in TALKING it has the most 'parts'
active...the 'best' learning involves talking. Sheesh...I could see
mentioning too much noise and following it up with specific examples, etc.
of kids goofing off, etc. but if they were just excited & engaged in the
learning then it's absolutely educationally sound!

And a STICKER CHART?!?!?!? Is he for real!??!?!?! Whatever happened to
following rules because you HAVE to follow the rules? How about developing
internal limits & self-monitoring strategies, etc. Why make everything
depend on an external (and IMHO) meaningless sticker chart? Set up a
sticker chart as your main behavior/class management technique & you find
yourself ultimately screwed when (not IF) you come across the kid that
doesn't give a rat's butt about your stupid stickers...and then what? My
LORD...does this man have a CLUE about current/modern day education????

Give them a candy...SCOFF!!!!! What a clown.

Vent away...and dispute it for sure.