RE: Art Class Size

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 18:07:27 PST

Here the elementary schools did a class size reduction years ago of 15 to
one. The only significant change was initially because the teachers were
really gung ho and convinced that it would make a difference. Ellen is
right. The teacher is all important. It didn't raise any significant
measurable thing. Often classrooms were split in half and a bookcase or
some temp., thing separated the room and two teachers and two classes
shared the space. REally not good. I have always liked 20-24 kids.
Really small classes seem to lack spirit or something. Over 27 kids and I
can't handle all the discipline. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #