Re: CREATIVE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 18:03:27 PST

In a message dated 11/09/2001 12:22:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ytsirk_uno@yahoo.com writes:

> What are some of you doing with your art classes for
> Christmas that are different and challenging? Are you
> following the same template of ideas that you have
> been using for years? Are your Christmas decorations
> turning out like Santa's workshop, identical images
> and cliches?

I'm just curious...how many of you are even doing Christmas decorations or
Christmas themed lessons at all? I would expect private schools to address
religious holidays, but public schools? We are teaching diversity and
definitely integrating the art of cultures from around the world into our art
program (New York State Visual Arts Standard #4), but not religious
"decorations".
Susan on Long Island

---