Re: Food for thought

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 17:15:51 PST

In a message dated 11/09/2001 2:11:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
artgal50@msn.com writes:

> Every Xmas I have a cake decorating contest with my advanced art kids..they
> have to create a cake in the style of their favorite artist. I give prizes
> for the most creative, best tasting, etc. They do a great job and I am
> always surprised at the stuff I get.
>
> Barb in Texas

Barb, I LOVE this! Of course, anything with food is a hook, but a cake no
less...It's a learning experience that the students go through life
remembering.

Now, you gave me an idea. I think I'm going to plan a "Get to Know the
Masters Bake Sale" to raise money for the WTC's victim's families. My
elementary school kids can pick a famous artist and design a cake around the
style of that artist. Of course, they will need help from Mom or Dad, but
the parent involvement is valuable also.
Thanks so much for planting the seed, or should I say crumb-LOL...
Susan on Long Island

---