Re: Art Class Size

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:53:52 PST

The reason that small class size is important in the US, is because we
have so many dysfunctional families raising kids. To teach these kids,
you must first teach them to be responsible, respectful, and how to
listen. This is not so in Japan, where listening and respect for one's
parents and authority is is a way of life. (IMO)
Betsy

mark alexander wrote:

> This is a very interesting, and I'm willing to look into it. Of
> course, teacher knowledge and passion is a very important factor, but
> until I'm proven wrong I Mark
>
> "Sears, Ellen" <ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us> wrote:
>
> All research on class size shows its small impact......The
> biggest factor in a
> successful class in America was the teacher, teacher,
> teacher -

---