Re: substitute teachers

---------

From: Ruth Campbell (rcampbell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:48:02 PST

 Back when I was hot stuff, fresh out of college with my wet-ink
teacher's certification, I also
did substitute teaching, and used it as a job hunting opportunity=let them
check me out, and get an
inside look for myself too.

I met my match when I came in to sub for this high school ceramics
teacher, on a Friday while he
took all the advanced art students on a field trip to Boston. In his
jacket and tie, with an "I'm out of here
grin", ( single and handsome he was), he motioned to his "plans", and
left, wishing me a great day.

The plans, for a day's worth of ceramics classes were to "don't let them
steal anything", and "have them clean the room". That room hadn't been
cleaned for two years, at least.
He has lived to regret that day many times, and we've been married now
for 27 years. He does the cleaning.

---