CREATIVE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 09:20:29 PST

What are some of you doing with your art classes for
Christmas that are different and challenging? Are you
following the same template of ideas that you have
been using for years? Are your Christmas decorations
turning out like Santa's workshop, identical images
and cliches?
There has to be some Creative Approaches being used
out there on this theme. Here a challenge to all you
readers and members of the Artsednet- Can we come up
with some ideas that are both educationally sound and
creative without falling into the cloneart syndrome.
Here is one to start, just brain storming here. How
about using Mondrian as a starting point for aesthetic
discussion with your class and then developing stain
glass imagery based on the Mondrian style. Make it a
Mondrian Christmas. Use the imagery for cards, tree
ornaments or give Santa a new suit based on not only
Mondrian but almost any artist style. How is that for
a start to get your creative juices flowing. Meet the
Creative Christmas Challenge.