RE: Art Class Size

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 07:11:51 PST

I was just sharing a timely article - I don't know - I like doubling up
classes, or even tripling them for some lessons - if it means we have more
time -

For me, it's not the size of the class - it's the content of the class and
the size of the room/facilities. I have been taking 60 fourth graders
together in the cafeteria (round tables, carpeted, large windows out on
trees - not industrial) for 90 minute figure drawing sessions. Fast clean
up, and lots of thank you's at the end. But if they had been climbing the
walls - I would have joined them.

As far as reporting etc... I think I would need to prioritize what I am
assessing, and how I am assessing. I know if my husband had thirty kids in
his primary class - he would be hard pressed to find the time to type three
page anecdotal records at report time.

Again - it was an article that outlined several important studies - and I
was just sharing.

As we all know... the best thing about research is manipulating the data.
Ellen

---